Anna Kate Bobo of Rocky Face was named to the Brenau University spring 2019 merit list. Bobo, class of 2019, is majoring in biology. Merit list students must maintain a 3.6 grade point average while carrying at least 15 semester hours of course work.
Caroline Calfee of Dalton graduated from Georgia College at the May 2019 commencement ceremony with a bachelor of science degree in nursing.
The following area students completed courses with exemplary marks and made the 2019 spring President's List at Georgia College in Milledgeville. Students who make a term average of 4.0 on 12 or more semester credit hours are included on the President's List.
• Lily Johnson of Dalton
• Anna Newberry of Dalton
The following students completed courses with exemplary marks and made the Dean's List for the 2019 spring semester at Georgia College in Milledgeville. Students who make a term average of at least 3.5 on 12 or more semester credit hours are included on the Dean's List.
• Dylan Graham of Dalton
• Madeline Hughes of Dalton
• Chloe Sirmans of Dalton
Georgia Northwestern Technical College announces the students on the President's and Dean's Lists for the 2019 spring semester. To be eligible for the President's List, the student must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.8 or higher during the semester with a course load of at least 12 credit hours. To be eligible for the Dean's List, the student must maintain a GPA of 3.5 to 3.79 during the semester with a course load of at least 12 credit hours.
President's List students for Murray County: Juan Andrade, Tyler Baggett, Jeffrey Ballew, Drake Bargeron, Troy Beavers, Teresa Botts, Amber Bowers, Dana Brannon, Daniel Bridges, Dustie Bridges, Richard Elliott, Madison Gaston, Alesha Hughes, Ryan Nix, Brandy Phillips, Brooke Pritchett, Kinley Pritchett, Brigetta Reed, Kristen Ridley, Jessica Stanley, Leona Steelman, Nicomedes Vera, Italia Whaley and Casey Young.
President's List students for Whitfield County: Cruz Aldava, Gidget Baine, Bruce Banks, Randy Barnett, Johnnie Beavers, Hayley Bell, Jenifer Camacho, Abiram Contreras, William Elsberry, Victorya Godoy, Carlos Gutierrez, Nayeli Gutierrez, Keymonica Hall, Janell Herrera, Elizabeth Jager, Victoria Laird, Kristen Lake, Megan Ledford, Teresa Marshall, Brian Martinez, Jessica Meza, Johnny Meza, Dennis Miller, Marlena Mondragon, Gonzalo Nunez, Justin Ownbey, Saul Pacheco, Joel Paez, Maritza Perez, Maria Pimentel, Timothy Quarles, Guadalupe Ramirez, Eneida Ramos Rivera, Justin Ridley, Joana Rodriguez, David Saylors, Donald Seifert, Raul Soto, Karan Trippy, Brittney Vineyard, Stephanie Vought, Jaida Walston, Rayna Wilson and Jose Zamora.
Dean's List students for Murray County: Jonathan Banuelos, Aleasha Cannon, Austin Carnes, Autumn Donaldson, Anahi Garcia, Elijah Hibbett, Lisa Hix, Austin Kelley, Guadalupe Lopez, Jordan Lunsford, Amanda Malagutti, Jessie Martinez, Breanna Massengale, Salomon Montoya, Diego Munguia, Holly Phillips and Amalia Trejo.
Dean's List students for Whitfield County: Eli Abeja, Fernando Alvarez, Javino Andres, George Astrain, Summer Cole, Tiffany Cooper, Barbara Crider, Edgar Cruz, Elijah Davis, Brenda Dawson, Kevin Diaz, Christopher Figueroa, Sandra Garcia Martinez, Abigail Harris, Ron Harris, Rosalio Jacobo, Diana Lira, Alejandro Lopez, Karina Lopez Valle, Edwin Luna, Bobby Minjarez, Carlos Miranda, Alejandro Munguia, Gabriel Ochoa, Jason Paez, Dejha Perry, Bryan Ramirez, Jordan Roach, Jimmy Ruiz, Cristian Sanchez Corchado, Morgan Sanford, Tiffany Slaughter, Whitney Thompson, Daniel Velasquez, Rebecca Vergara and Andres Viscarras.
Georgia State University conferred master's degrees to graduate students across disciplines during the spring 2019 semester. Area students include:
• Kassandra Martin of Dalton
• Jessica Watkins of Dalton
More than 2,000 students earned bachelor's degrees from Georgia State University during the spring 2019 semester. Students were honored during the university's 104th commencement exercises May 8-9. Area students include:
• Anthony Harper of Chatsworth
• Sonya Miranda of Dalton
• Lesly Estefania Rodriguez Ramirez of Dalton
To be eligible for the President's List at Georgia State University, degree-seeking students must have earned a GPA of at least 4.0 for a minimum of nine semester hours of academic credit taken during the fall or spring term with no incompletes for the semester. Eligible students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 for all classes taken. Area students include:
• Elean Ajtun of Chatsworth
• Gisselle Pinon of Dalton
• Cassidy Ryan of Chatsworth
• David Torres of Dalton
To be eligible for the Dean's List at Georgia State University, degree-seeking students must have earned a GPA of at least 3.5 for a minimum of nine semester hours of academic credit taken during the fall or spring term with no incompletes for the semester. Eligible students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 for all classes taken. Area students include:
• Helan Amedi of Dalton
• Michael Ball of Chatsworth
• Rileyanne Bartenfeld of Dalton
• Jordon Cox of Dalton
• Grace Davenport of Chatsworth
• Chisom Ezeoke of Dalton
• Jessica Flores of Dalton
• Alexis Hammond of Chatsworth
• Jacqueline Hernandez of Dalton
• Sadie Hoy of Dalton
• Wendy Hurtado of Dalton
• Cristina Limas of Dalton
• Dawei Liao of Dalton
• Andrew Lopez of Dalton
• Melissa Martinez of Dalton
• Arly Molina of Dalton
• Ngoc Nguyen of Dalton
• Francisco Perez of Dalton
• Gerardo Perez of Dalton
• Marcos Perez of Dalton
• Nia Quinn of Cohutta
• Jesse Ray of Chatsworth
• Lesly Estefania Rodriguez Ramirez of Dalton
• Mallory Sanford of Dalton
• Chengpeng Wu of Dalton
Caleb Campbell of Chatsworth was named to the Dean's List for the spring 2019 semester at Maryville College. Campbell is majoring in biology. Consideration for the Dean's List is open to full-time students who have a grade point average of at least 3.6 in all work undertaken, no grade below a "C" and no incompletes for the semester.
The Georgia Institute of Technology presented degrees to approximately 3,800 undergraduate and graduate students during the Institute's 257th commencement exercises on May 3-4 at the McCamish Pavilion. Area graduates were:
• Roger Bramblett of Dalton, bachelor of science in aerospace engineering
• Katie Cox of Dalton, bachelor of science in computer science
• Anthony De Santiago of Chatsworth, bachelor of science in aerospace engineering
• Andrew Fisher of Cohutta, bachelor of science in mechanical engineering
• Najia Humayun of Tunnel Hill, bachelor of science in international affairs and modern language
• Seth Peden of Chatsworth, bachelor of science in computer engineering
• Evan Pope of Dalton, bachelor of science in business administration
The following area students were among more than 5,500 University of Mississippi graduates who received their academic degrees on May 11 at the university's 166th commencement:
• Franklin Durham of Dalton earned a bachelor of business administration
• Callie Walker of Dalton earned a bachelor of business administration
The University of North Georgia announced degrees and certificates awarded for the spring 2019 semester, including hundreds awarded in commencement exercises held May 3 and 4 at the Convocation Center in Dahlonega. Area graduates included:
• Martin Contreras of Chatsworth, bachelor of science in kinesiology/teacher education
• Lindsey Douthitt of Crandall, bachelor of business administration in marketing
• Haley Ensley of Chatsworth, bachelor of science in elementary and special education
• Jordan Gunn of Dalton, bachelor of science in art marketing
• Kelsey Hooper of Chatsworth, master of science in family nurse practitioner
• Alexandria Morrow of Cisco, bachelor of science in elementary and special education
• Brenna Mugge of Chatsworth, bachelor of science in nursing
• Teylor Parks of Tunnel Hill, bachelor of arts in English/writing and publication
• Madison Ware of Dalton, bachelor of business administration in management
• Kailey Webb of Chatsworth, bachelor of arts in history education
• Alexandria Wilbanks of Cohutta, bachelor of science in middle grades education
University of North Georgia President Bonita C. Jacobs recognized students who achieved a 4.0 GPA during the spring 2019 semester. Students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours in bachelor's degree programs who achieved a 4.0 grade point average were named to the President's Honor Roll. Students enrolled in associate degree programs who met the same level of achievement were named to the President's List. The area students receiving recognition were:
• Juan Botello of Dalton
• Hunter Ciesa of Dalton
• Lindsey Douthitt of Crandall
• Haley Ensley of Chatsworth
• Bethany Goodwin of Cohutta
• Jacob Hawkins of Dalton
• Elena Leyssens of Dalton
• Audrey Manis of Rocky Face
• Alexandria Morrow of Cisco
• Clay Phillips of Rocky Face
• Alyssa Smith of Dalton
• Alexandria Wilbanks of Cohutta
• Laura Wright of Dalton
The deans of each of the University of North Georgia's five colleges -- the College of Arts & Letters, the College of Education, the College of Health Sciences & Professions, the Mike Cottrell College of Business and the College of Science & Mathematics -- announced the names of those students who made their respective lists for spring 2019. Dean's List recognition is achieved by having at least a 3.5 grade point average, carrying 12 or more credit hours in one semester and having no grade lower than B. The area students receiving recognition were:
• Joseph Beal of Chatsworth
• English Brackett of Dalton
• Lynsey Bridges of Rocky Face
• Martin Contreras of Chatsworth
• Shelby Fernandez of Dalton
• Madison Gowin of Dalton
• Hannah Hawkins of Cohutta
• Ashley Johnston of Dalton
• Bowen Mahan of Chatsworth
• Aubrey McMahan of Chatsworth
• Brenna Mugge of Chatsworth
• Melodie Streett of Dalton
• Samuel Stuart of Dalton
• Rachel Walker of Dalton
The University of North Georgia had a record 65 current and former students attend the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) from April 11-13 at Kennesaw State University, including Shelby Fernandez of Dalton. She is majoring in psychology. Participants included students and faculty in anthropology and archaeology, biology, chemistry, computer science, education, history, music, physics and psychology.
Kady Trammell of Chatsworth earned an associate's degree from Perimeter College at Georgia State University during the spring 2019 semester.
Nicolas Chung was named to the Dean's List at Tufts University for the spring 2019 semester. Dean's List honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
Rebekah Wildes of Chatsworth has earned a spot on the spring 2019 Dean's List at Valdosta State University. Students who achieve a semester grade point average of 3.50 or higher on nine or more semester hours with an institutional grade point average of 3.0 or higher are recognized by being placed on the Dean's List.