Protesters in downtown Atlanta clash with police outside of the CNN Center on May 29.
As featured on
ATLANTA — What started as hundreds of peaceful protestors marching the streets of Atlanta turned into a clash with police.
ATLANTA — In response to the spark of violent protests in downtown Atlanta Friday night, the mayor ordered a 9 p.m. curfew until sunrise Sunday.
ATLANTA — On Sunday night, under the glow of the Ferris wheel and with the lingering sting of tear gas in the air, Farees Kaleemah extended his hand to an Atlanta police officer.
This Week's Circulars
Lacey Nicole Goss, age 34, of Chatsworth, Georgia passed away Monday, July 13, 2020. Arrangements have been entrusted to independently owned and operated Dalton Funeral Home, 620 S. Glenwood Ave. Dalton, GA 30721; 706-529-5371.
Mr. Warren Boyd McGill, age 96, of Chatsworth, Georgia, departed this life Monday evening, July 13, 2020 at Ridgewood Manor. He was born November 29, 1923 in Blue Ridge, GA, a son of the late Lonnie and Ollie Early McGill. He was also preceded in death by his wife Magadline Hollis McGill, so…
Patricia Ann Holland, age 76, of Cohutta, Georgia passed away Monday July 13, 2020. Arrangements are made by independently owned and operated Dalton Funeral Home, 620 S. Glenwood Ave Dalton, GA; 707-529-5371.
- Murray County Schools plans to open new academic year in traditional fashion
- Shoney's doors are still locked; company website lists restaurant as 'temporarily closed'
- Dalton Mall Chick-fil-A closed after coronavirus diagnoses
- Whitfield Restaurant Reports for July 11: Employees not wearing masks; COVID-19 warning signs not on doors; and other health violations
- Owners say new Del Taco on Glenwood Avenue is doing brisk business
- Most Whitfield County Schools parents plan to send children to school next month, according to survey
- Calhoun man receives probation for I-75 wreck that killed two
- Whitfield County Schools opts against reduction of days for students or staff in fiscal year '21 budget
- Whitfield ranks 11th in COVID-19 cases among state's 159 counties
- Free COVID-19 testing offered Saturday in Dalton