Editor’s note: “In Other News” is a list of state, national and global headlines compiled by the Daily Citizen-News staff. Click on the headlines below to read the full stories. To suggest a story, email the appropriate link to inothernews@dailycitizen.news

Fired NYPD cop Daniel Pantaleo to sue commissioner to get his job back

Fired New York Police Department cop Daniel Pantaleo will sue Police Commissioner James O’Neill in a bid to win back his job, his lawyer said Monday. O’Neill fired Pantaleo, 33, on Monday over the death of Eric Garner, 43, in a 2014 incident on Staten Island that fueled the Black Lives Matter movement when cellphone video showed the victim repeatedly shouting, “I can’t breathe!” — New York Post

Planned Parenthood out of Title X over Trump rule

Planned Parenthood is leaving the federal Title X family planning program rather than comply with new Trump administration rules regarding abortion counseling. The new rules issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services earlier this year prohibit Title X grantees from providing or referring patients for abortion, except in cases of rape, incest or medical emergency. "The Trump administration has forced Planned Parenthood grantees out of Title X," said Alexis McGill Johnson, Planned Parenthood's acting president, in a conference call Monday. "The impact of the Trump administration's gag rule will reverberate across the country." — NPR

Oldest 'Porsche' fails to sell after auction's bizarre $70 million mistake

It was a $70 million mix-up. A car considered by some to be the first “Porsche” failed to sell at the RM Sotheby’s auction in Monterey, California, on Saturday after the bidding got bungled. The sleek Type 64 was built by Ferdinand Porsche and his son, Ferry, between 1939 and 1940, years before their namesake company was registered in 1946. It was intended for a race that was planned between Berlin and Rome, but canceled by the outbreak of World War II. — Fox News

'The Hunt' director breaks silence, says controversial movie's 'ambition was to poke at both sides'

The director of the canceled controversial film “The Hunt” still hopes the political thriller will be released someday and stands by the project that he calls “misunderstood.” “The Hunt” was billed as a satirical take on wealthy liberal thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort, where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. Those designated humans are “MAGA types," as described by The Hollywood Reporter. “Nothing better than going out to the manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables," a character says, according to THR. — Fox News

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you