Editor's note: The Daily Citizen-News will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. Call (706) 272-7723 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• William Hix, 59, 17 Parkway Drive S.W., Adairsville, was charged Tuesday by the Georgia State Patrol with DUI, open container violation and failure to maintain lane.
• Cruz Morales-Perez, 43, 805 Professional Blvd., Dalton, was charged Tuesday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with aggravated identity fraud.
• Leigha Michele Smith, 34, 916 Kirby Young Road, Dalton, was charged Tuesday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with unlawful for any person to purchase, possess or have under his or her control any controlled substance.
• Dewey Thomison Jr., 66, 263 Jericho Way, Dalton, was charged Tuesday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with manufacture of marijuana, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and possession and use of drug-related objects.
• Marquis Jerey Hamilton, 32, 146 Piper Way-H8, Dalton, was charged Wednesday by the Dalton Police Department with possession of meth, possession of tools for the commission of a crime, crossing guard line with drugs without consent, driving while license is suspended or revoked, driving with no insurance and headlights violation.