Joelle Philips, from left, Robert Royer, Mimi Coppens, Christiane Platteau, Jef Valkeniers and Audrey Valkeniers-Van Zyl, who live in Dalton’s Sister City, Dilbeek, Belgium, speak to Dalton City Administrator Ty Ross while at City Hall on Wednesday. City officials from both places are looking to revamp the Sister City program, which has been inactive for about 10 years. Officials are talking about beginning a student exchange program. Previously, the program had been focused more on tourism between the two cities.
This Week's Circulars
Mr. Michael "Joshua" Lewis Tackett age 30, of Chatsworth, GA departed this life Wednesday July 8, 2020 at the Redmond Regional Hospital in Rome, GA. He was born April 4, 1990 in Harlan, KY. He was preceded in death by his grandfather, Donald Tackett. He loved the outdoors and making thing ou…
- Shoney's doors are still locked; company website lists restaurant as 'temporarily closed'
- Whitfield County Schools opts against reduction of days for students or staff in fiscal year '21 budget
- 2.5-magnitude earthquake shakes Whitfield County
- Dalton Mall Chick-fil-A closed after coronavirus diagnoses
- Whitfield Restaurant Reports for July 11: Employees not wearing masks; COVID-19 warning signs not on doors; and other health violations
- Most Whitfield County Schools parents plan to send children to school next month, according to survey
- Calhoun man receives probation for I-75 wreck that killed two
- Free COVID-19 testing offered Saturday in Dalton
- Georgia tops 100,000 COVID-19 cases, with 2,899 deaths, 15 in Whitfield
- Tyler Martin: Gen. Johnston statue is a landmark; don't hide history