For the last several years, I've had the honor of serving the citizens of Dalton as their mayor. Today I'm announcing my intention to seek reelection.
It continues to be an honor and privilege to work on our community's behalf and represent it as we engage our neighbors, the region and the world. I am so proud of the progress we have made during my tenure and know that even greater things are coming.
While countless people from our community continue to shape our success, the mayor's role remains one of stewardship, encouragement and collaboration.
Small cities across this nation face a growing set of challenges. I know that Dalton is not immune. I remain encouraged by what I see and am confident that our unique resources, world-class industries and amazing residents will continue to drive us forward.
Innovation and hard work have always been Dalton's hallmarks and I'm proud that my candidacy reflects these important attributes.
Over the next several months I look forward to continuing our work and sharing with you what I believe will be the keys to our success.
My plans include:
• Continued adherence to a strict, conservative approach to the work of government and the principles that have defined my work and that of the City Council.
• Willingness to support Dalton's growth and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Continued commitment to strong relationships with elected officials and other leaders throughout the state that will contribute to our growth and quality of life.
• Continued support of law enforcement and our other first responders as they continue to keep us safe and contribute to Dalton's low crime rate and overall safety.
• Ongoing support of our educators, school systems, colleges and key institutions as they help build a bright future for our residents and implement groundbreaking workforce development programs.
I know government must work for the people and my track record reflects this.
When I look at our many accomplishments, I see great progress, but I know there is so much left to do. I believe I can make a significant contribution and look forward to the opportunity to serve.
Someone once reminded me that every day is an opportunity to learn and serve. Since my election several years ago, this statement has taken on greater meaning.
I look forward to continuing this journey as mayor of our amazing and ambitious city.
Mayor Dennis Mock