Sports writer Chris Hillyard and sports editor Tony Maluso team up for a podcast where they discuss some of their favorite moments from their years in Dalton and recap the first two weeks of high school football. Then they preview the Dalton-Northwest football game and give their keys to the…
Northwest Whitfield football coach Josh Robinson joins sports writer Chris Hillyard for a podcast previewing the Bruins' 2016 season.
Sports writer Chris Hillyard joins Southeast Whitfield coach Sean Gray to discuss the Raiders' season. This is the first in a series of podcasts featuring all seven Murray and Whitfield county high school football coaches.
“After Deadline,” The Daily Citizen’s sports podcast, takes a break from its summer hiatus today as sports writer Devin Golden and a special guest — news editor Daniel Olson — shift the show’s usual focus from local sports to international soccer.
“After Deadline,” The Daily Citizen’s weekly sports podcast with sports writers Devin Golden and Chris Whitfield, discusses the Southeast Whitfield boys soccer team's 1-0 loss in the state semifinals to Johnson-Gainesville and the impending championship match Saturday at Kennesaw State Unive…
“After Deadline,” The Daily Citizen’s weekly sports podcast with sports writers Devin Golden and Chris Whitfield, will be delayed to this afternoon as Whitfield and Golden plan on talking about Tuesday’s Class 4A state soccer semifinals.
This Week's Circulars
Geneva Lewis, age 79, of Rocky Face, Georgia, passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. Arrangements have been entrusted to independently owned and operated Dalton Funeral Home, 620 S. Glenwood Ave., Dalton, GA 30721; (706) 529-5371.
Ms. Donna Lee Mathis, age 65, of Dalton, Ga., departed this life on Friday, March 27, 2020, at the Erlanger Medical Center. She was born April 4, 1954, in Danville, Virginia, a daughter of the late Bobby Mathis Sr. and Dorothy Mae Abbott Mathis. She is survived by her son, Michael Byers; dau…
- Dalton High School employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Whitfield County, cities meet at noon today to limit all social gatherings, restrict dine-in restaurants
- COVID-19 cases in Whitfield County double in one day
- Dalton Utilities has temporary policy change due to COVID-19
- Three Engineered Floors employees test positive for or diagnosed with COVID-19
- County holds emergency called meeting Monday
- Dalton City Council member questions worker safety in carpet mills
- Carpet pioneer Bandy has tested positive for COVID-19
- UPDATE: Whitfield's COVID-19 cases remain at 6
- Dalton declares state of emergency over COVID-19