Sports writer Chris Hillyard and sports editor Tony Maluso team up for a podcast where they discuss some of their favorite moments from their years in Dalton and recap the first two weeks of high school football. Then they preview the Dalton-Northwest football game and give their keys to the…
Northwest Whitfield football coach Josh Robinson joins sports writer Chris Hillyard for a podcast previewing the Bruins' 2016 season.
Sports writer Chris Hillyard joins Southeast Whitfield coach Sean Gray to discuss the Raiders' season. This is the first in a series of podcasts featuring all seven Murray and Whitfield county high school football coaches.
“After Deadline,” The Daily Citizen’s sports podcast, takes a break from its summer hiatus today as sports writer Devin Golden and a special guest — news editor Daniel Olson — shift the show’s usual focus from local sports to international soccer.
“After Deadline,” The Daily Citizen’s weekly sports podcast with sports writers Devin Golden and Chris Whitfield, discusses the Southeast Whitfield boys soccer team's 1-0 loss in the state semifinals to Johnson-Gainesville and the impending championship match Saturday at Kennesaw State Unive…
“After Deadline,” The Daily Citizen’s weekly sports podcast with sports writers Devin Golden and Chris Whitfield, will be delayed to this afternoon as Whitfield and Golden plan on talking about Tuesday’s Class 4A state soccer semifinals.
This Week's Circulars
James Mooney Sr., age 85 of Chatsworth, passed away Wednesday, June 3, 2020, at his residence surrounded by his family. He was preceded in death by his parents, George and Sarah Mooney: all his siblings: stepson, Russell Brown. James is survived by his loving wife Inez Mooney: children and s…
Geraldine Hadley, age 55, of Dalton, Georgia passed away Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Arrangements are made by independently owned and operated Dalton Funeral Home, 620 S. Glenwood Ave. Dalton, GA 30721; 706-529-5371.
- UPDATED: March organizer says group will present 'list of demands' to local officials in Dalton
- Official: Deceased Murray County girl, 11, had injuries consistent with being attacked by a dog
- UPDATED: Whitfield County's confirmed COVID-19 cases now up to 391
- 'It's time to start': Protesters in Dalton seek true equality
- GBI: Dog bites suspected cause of Crandall girl's death; autopsy results not expected for several weeks
- Area Arrests for June 3
- UPDATE: Whitfield's confirmed COVID-19 cases top 400
- Guidance released for state's K-12 Recovery Plan
- Area Arrests for June 4
- State's contact tracers hit roadblocks asking Georgians to quarantine