The Georgia football program's next recruiting class has received a notable boost.

On Sunday, four-star quarterback Carson Beck announced his commitment to the Bulldogs through his Twitter account. The 6-foot-4 passer from Jacksonville, Florida, is the 62nd-ranked overall prospect in the Class of 2020, according to the 247Sports Composite.

He is the first quarterback to commit to Georgia in the 2020 class and the fifth commitment for head coach Kirby Smart overall. Beck is the third-ranked pro-style quarterback in the nation and the seventh-best prospect from the state of Florida.

Beck's pledge helps solidify the future of the Georgia quarterback room. Junior starter Jake Fromm could potentially be a high draft pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and could forego his final season of eligibility.

Should Beck go on to sign with the Bulldogs, he would join early enrollee Dwan Mathis, a four-star prospect in the 2019 class, and Stetson Bennett, a former Georgia walk-on and junior college transfer, as passers slated to play for Georgia in 2020.

Printed with permission from The Red & Black independent student media organization, based in Athens, Georgia. For more UGA sports news, visit www.redandblack.com/sports.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0